Sunday, September 6, 2009

R.I.P


This morning I got the call that my grandfather, Pops, passed away last night. He was a grand 94 years old.

What a life he had. He fought in WWII. Worked on the dry docks repairing submarines. He was an accomplished architect and went on to mentoring Yale students after he retired. He loved to sail. He was a stable man that provided for his family. He was quiet and conservative yet there were times that my grandmother and I got him to laugh so hard he shed a tear at the dinner table.

I had not seen him for several years. He lived in New Hampshire and since I have had children - I haven't made it across the country to visit and with his increasing age and my grandmother's passing two and half years ago, he hadn't made it to California recently. He never had the opportunity to meet his two great-grandchildren. He would have thought they were terrific.

Thank you Pops for being such a part of my life growing up. I have wonderful memories of my visits I shared with you and Gamee. Rest In Peace......

1 comment:

  1. Oh Jessica, I am so sorry to hear about your grandpa. Sending you warm hugs today and hoping you are doing OK.

    xo, angela

    ReplyDelete