Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Charades


Today I played the game of charades all day with Pirate and not 'for fun'. His speech is coming along but some of it I just don't understand, no matter how hard I try. He has full comprehension of what I say to him but not vise-versa. It was a tough day for us. He was very cranky and quite insistent too.

He has a new habit of wanting to climb into his own carseat all by himself. I am all for him doing things on his own but not when we are in a crowded parking lot and someone is waiting for our parking spot and it takes him a few minutes to accomplish his task. He would take no help from me to speed up the process. I have learned to pick my battles, either let him get in his carseat all on his own or put him in his carseat and listen to him have a fit for 15 minutes while I am driving. I swear I am going to end up in a car accident one of these days because Pirate has me so twisted and stressed while driving.

I cut my errand list in half today because I just couldn't see myself having to deal with Mr.Cranky getting in and out of the car each time. We did have one errand that we had to do. The Sonoma County Humane Society called us last night and said they finally had room for our two little kittens. Pirate and I had the task of taking them there. I know they will be just fine and find great homes but it was sad to say goodbye. We had grown attached to the little guys. Pirate came into good use at the Humane Society. He had me running all around and talking my ear off, that I didn't even have a moment to cry (which I would have if I were alone). Also, he allowed me no time to look at all the animals that were up for adoption. That would have made me cry even harder.

If anyone has room in their home for a sweet cat or dog, please go to the Humane Society and adopt one. There are so many animals there that need a home.

No comments:

Post a Comment