Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Greetings from New Hampshire!

I am half-way through my trip to New Hampshire and am ready to come home. Missing every bit of my day-to-day life. I have to say though, I would move to New Hampshire is a quick minute, If Dear Husband was open to the idea. (He's not, so Santa Rosa is where we stay). I have known that Santa Rosa is congested but never realized how bad it affects me on a daily basis. There is no congestion here. No honking, no traffic jams, just simple peaceful driving. It makes a big difference in how you feel. I dream to own one of the houses here. We have nothing like it in Santa Rosa, except perhaps McDonald Ave. Not all the homes here are not groomed and pristine but still are fabulous. There are no massive tract home developments. People leave their bikes on the front porch, without any fear of it being stolen.While I am very familiar with the East Coast from years of commuting between parents as a child, I now see as an adult how California has evolved into such different way of life compared to the rest of the country.

Today we went through all my grandfather's belongings. It is amazing how a person interprets what is important and what to hang on to. I promises my children now that I will not 'packrat' as I age. Tomorrow we go to the rural cemetary that my grandparents had chosed to have their ashes put. There is an old family plot that dates back at least 100 years. It should be a beautiful drive. On Thursday, we head home. While I have enjoyed this trip and am glad I joined my mom and brother, I long to be with my own family and be sharing these experiences with the kids and my Dear Husband.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you had an ok time back east, considering...miss you.

    ReplyDelete