Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I'm on a roll


I have made it to the gym so many times this past week, I actually have lost count. My little adorable Pirate is no longer holding me hostage on a daily basis. He went through a 8-month phase of freaking out when I left with him with someone he didn't know - so the gym has been out of the question up until now. He also refuses to ride in a stroller (How did we get so lucky with 2 kids that hate strollers?) so long walks have been and still are out of the question but at least I can go to the gym.

It is so cute how he gets so excited when we pull into the gym parking lot and struts his stuff walking into the gym. We are making it a routine each morning and he is becoming a 'regular'. When you add up the expense of his Kids Gym fee each day, it's not cheap, which is even more incentive for me to pedal away for longer on the elliptical trainer so I can get my money's worth each day. I have been timing it perfectly to coincide with my two favorite morning shows which keeps me entertained.

Since I stopped working, I have wanted to start taking care of myself yet having a young one below the age of 2 with me constantly, that has been tough. Now that Pirate is venturing out on his own, I am getting an hour plus of time just for me. It is just what the therapist ordered and I am feeling great! Thanks Pirate!

No comments:

Post a Comment