Friday, September 4, 2009

Mistaken Identity

Yesterday I was a victim of a mistaken identity: a she-said, he said situation. It was a crazy accusation that I had truly nothing to do with and I am absolutely horrified by it. I am actually blown away that it happened. It stopped me in my tracks, literally.

I won't retell the story here for many reasons, one being I don't want to add any fuel to this fire. I want out of the situation as quickly as I got put into it.

There are few things worse, I think, than being accused of something you said, when you weren't even there or have any idea what was said. I have spent hours and hours trying to get to the bottom of this false statement and trying to have my reputation restored. There is such a feeling of helplessness because you are put into such a defensive mode that is truly ugly and not who I am. It takes me back to the days of being a school kid and the rumors that would get spread on the playground that could ruin your whole school year.

Please always validate your facts before you publish them.

No comments:

Post a Comment