Friday, February 21, 2014

My new 'friend'

So, I have this friend. Her name is Kimberly Taylor.

She has great taste, cooks amazing meals, decorates beautifully, and has the best outfits and makeup tips. She and I exchange our ideas everyday. She is always there, lending a helpful tip or encouraging phrase for the day's challenges. We seem to have very parallel interests and likes.

I have no idea how old she is, how many kids she has, if she is married or even what state she lives in. For all I know... she could be in the same town as me or clear across the USA. You wonder how I know her? She is my bestest friend on Pinterest. Every time I jump onto Pinterest, she is always right there. How she and I began following each other's boards is a mystery for me. We aren't friends on Facebook and as far as I know, we do not have any common 'friends'.

The world has changed so much, so fast. What will it be like when my kids have their grandchildren? Will they be telling stories about the good ole' days and how they remember a 'mailman' delivering the mail each day? Much like the intrigue I had as a child hearing about the 'milkman'. Will they have friends that are 'virtual'... nothing more, nothing less. Are these the new 'penpals' for my kiddos' generation. (As one of my kids is asking me "what is a penpal? And why would you write a letter and mail it if we can just email them or post to their Facebook." Oh Lordy!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment