Saturday, February 22, 2014

A Hip-Hip-Hooray kinda-a-day

Ok, you might think Momma has fallen off her rocker for this post. I like to celebrate the simple joys within life, so I must share why I came super close to breaking into a celebration dance right in the middle of an aisle at my local Costco this afternoon. For any mom that has a family member that has a food sensory issue, you just might relate to my joy. My sweet Pirate boy has the most, I really mean THE MOST, acute sense of taste and smell. Some day this little guy is going to make millions from his taste buds & sniffer. His ability is truly amazing and continues to blow us away. I sure hope he remembers (I will be sure he does!) when he is older, all the grief he puts us thru now with this 'ability'. With the millions he will make from the sniffer, he can treat his mom to a house with a hot tub in her old age!

By now I am sure you are quietly saying to yourself, "what does this have to do with Costco?" Ok. Back to my story. 

Since last August, our two local Costcos stopped carrying Skippy Extra Crunchy aka... the blue lid peanut butter. At first, no big deal. I bought the Kirkland Old-fashioned Crunchy instead. The next day I packed Pirate his Cheezits (I know- not super healthy! Remember I am dealing with a super skinny little man that won't eat hardly anything) with the new peanut butter slathered on the Cheezits to make cute little cracker sandwiches. I was extra careful that he did not see me make the cracker sandwiches in the morning because he would know I didn't use the peanut butter with the blue lid. Right after school that day, he came out of class and told me something was wrong with his peanut butter and it wasn't what he likes. Geez! What the heck. I had just spent $10.00 on 2 large jars of this new peanut butter and he won't eat it. Great... but not surprised. Pretty much the story of my life with him. 

Since that day, we have had to shop around and buy his Blue Lid peanut butter where ever we can. Since Pirate only eats about 5 things, we go thru lots and lots of PB and it gets quite expensive if you buy it someplace other than in bulk at Costco. Every month since last August during my monthly shop at Costco I look for the blue lid and they don't have it. I also complain to them each & everytime as I am checking out thru the cashier too. They just look at me like "seriously?".

So I did my usual swoop thru the PB aisle today while planning in my head which store I would have to stop at to pay the big bucks for a super small jar of PB. But today I had to blink twice becasue there it was.... Tah-dah! An entire pallet of 48oz Extra Crunchy Skippy. I could have cried. Yes - no exaggeration. 

Once again, another simple little joy to my day - the blue lid peanut butter. And if any buyer from Costco ever comes across this post - this note is to you: Kids like Skippy, they don't like the oily old-fashioned peanut butter. I know it is more natural but kids are kids and most times they dictate what the parents buy on a regular basis. So please don't ever stop carrying Extra Crunchy Skippy peanut Butter again. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment