Saturday, November 21, 2009

Help! I am being held hostage......by a 2 year old!

My dear friend Angela called me a week ago to make sure I was okay since I hadn't blogged in awhile.(We are currently playing phone tag, I'm it!) I know this statement is overused but I have been 'so busy', mostly by a my sweet little Pirate who is 2. I like to say that he is holding me as a hostage. While I love spending time with him, once in awhile I would like a break and I am just not getting any these days. I am going to the gym at least 5 times a week now, for 1 1/2 hours in the morning just to get some peace and quiet. Pirate LOVES the kids area at our gym. I am sure your thought is... 'wow, she must be in great shape now'. I can do pull ups and run for quite a distance and a bit toner but you probably won't notice anything different with me. Since I am now putting myself 'first' as I am always told I need to do, the time I am taking at the gym is just setting me back on all the other things I need to do during the day. Another challenge I am facing with my little guy (and Princess, the two days she isn't at school) is that I am not able to hold any type of phone conversation. It is further isolating me. It really sucks.

As I have mentioned in previous blog entries, being a stay-at-home is great but can be tough if you don't get some kind of daily break.

No comments:

Post a Comment